Vacations are important!

The last time I went on a proper vacation was in 2008. 🙅

It was always about first pre-boards, first boards, last pre-boards, last boards, figuring-out-my-life-in-graduation, being-industry-ready-internships, okay-let's-do-this-one-last-time-post-graduation, now-or-never-placements. Actually, I did not even wait for the completion of my course. I got myself a job just after a month into the final semester. It was hard, really really hard. Keeping up with what was happening in classes, preparing for the exams till dawn, taking those exams till noon, resuming office in the second half and E-N-C-O-R-E. By the time I reached home, I would be dead. I remember breaking down one day, on my way back from office, but I did pick myself up and kept going in the hope for better days I was destined to see. I kept going, without a single break. 

Once into the job, the most I could afford was to save my handful of vacation leaves for annual home-trips, mostly around Pujo (Bangali priorities😃). I think people tend to do that when they stay away from home. Even when I was home for 10 days' break, the agenda for each of those days would be planned in prior - meeting grandparents for one, friends for two, just sleeping for three and so on. There was always something to do, one after the other. And sadly, vacation forever remained unprioritized. 

By vacation, I don't necessarily mean a lavish international package. I mean taking some dedicated time off - amidst the nature - to detach yourself from your everyday life, to clear your mind, to rejuvenate your body and to heal your soul. Like, I have always been a believer in the universe's channel of communication - intuitions. To mine, I owe all of the good choices that I have made in life. However, in the recent couple of years, when life started getting tough and tougher, I felt like my best friend - my intuitions had deserted me. And I remember complaining that God had stopped loving me. Silly silly! Now that I have time to look back, I see so many things that could have unfolded differently, had I taken some breaks to reconnect with nature. 

Nature surely is the greatest healer. It could have removed the blockages in my abilities to listen to my intuitions. And I could have done many things differently and better - made many choices differently and said many words differently. But I didn't give myself that time. I was always in a rush with the things that had to be done to finally be able to do what I really wanted to do. Now, if I did it right or wrong shall always remain a mystery. It could have given me some good opportunities or it was all perhaps part of the universe's plan, as lessons for me and my life-path. You tell me! 😌

P.S. It's sad that I needed a pandemic for an awakening, but better late than never. So, Go Corona Go, let the folks travel to their life's content and keep rolling at so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When people ask me what I do for a living

Understanding Self-Worth (WIP)!