Humble abode

Born here. Brought up too. 18 long years of memories post which I moved out of this quarter, the first that my father was allotted after taking up the job. The place I call HOME.

.
These quarters were some of the oldest constructions made for the company that my father works for. Our place is a zoo. Actually, all the quarters in the colony are one of each and this makes for one of the hottest topics of discussion for neighbours and office-goers alike. Having stayed away from home for many years now, all the things that are wrong with this place become more visible day by day, as I outstay, unlike my usual visits. More trees than the number of people around. More insects and animals than the family members occupying each house. Squirrels and wolves, peacocks and frogs, snails and pigs, sparrows and chameleons - you name it, we have it! 😀

It's the next level of adventure and fun but comes with a repetitive reminder on how we should've moved out of this tiny place to a bigger one, when my father had the options. It is quite frustrating at times. You have to examine each corner, every single day or else a tree would grow out of the walls or the ceiling would come falling down or the floor would just crack open, overnight. I get frustrated seeing the plight of my ageing folks. Ummm, honestly, I feel that is also because I have gone out of the practice of living like this. Today, I'm used to pollution and smog, cars and complexes-without-windows. But what is it that makes this quarter more home than any place in this entire world?! Why does my family not move out for better places? I know the day is not far when we would finally have to bid this place adieu. I just don't know what I will crib and cry about then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacations are important!

When people ask me what I do for a living

Understanding Self-Worth (WIP)!