Hero or not, I would never know!

You confuse me. I dislike you for a zillion things you do but I cannot deny my love for you. 
You are all the things I don't want to be or want my spouse to be, but I wouldn't be the best version of me if it weren't for you. 

You wouldn't let me touch your steering wheels or teach me how to drive. No matter how much that irks me, you are my favourite-est person to go on drives with...not because you are just the best at it, but you look forward to my playlist as much I take pleasure in listening to my favourite numbers in your kickass car stereo and we end up humming the same tunes.

Even a fool could fool you but how can I ever question your wisdom with the kind of woman you chose to marry.

You are the weirdest son but the best son in law.

You don't like seeing me pluck my eyebrows, wax my limbs, plank the fat out of my body or as much as extract my blackheads as you know it hurts me. But you know there are a lot of bigger battles that I have had to fight on my own. You never fought beside me. You have always had the faith that I will figure things out on my own. Some times I couldn't, actually. I fell. But you caught me with arms wide open (not literally because we are not the touchy kinds). No matter how much I disliked you for not guiding me at the start of many of my problems, I have always come out realizing that I had to go through those difficult processes myself to possess all the learnings that I have today. That's right, you taught me everything through nothing.

You are codependence personified but you made me as independent as I needed to be.

I am all the good things you are and lame things you are not.

You are not my ideal parent (I know you know and understand this too) but I know I wouldn't have survived this tough tough world if it weren't for YOU (This, you probably won't ever know. Like I wouldn't ever know how proud I make you)! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacations are important!

Understanding Self-Worth (WIP)!

When people ask me what I do for a living